Saturday Evening, October 21, 2017
@ 4 pm - discussion topic: How might concrete and abstract thinking styles influence how we interact with each other?
Articles: Concrete Thinking Abstract Thinking
What is your Dominant Thinking Style?
@ 5 pm - we will continue our verse x verse study of the Gospel According to John beginning with: Jn 6:15.
1. What kind of thinking style moved the crowd from seeing Jesus as a prophet to wanting to force him to be their king?
2. How did Jesus attempt to influence the crowd to move from concrete to abstract thinking?
3. Why did Jesus 'walk on water' to the disciples rather than to have left with them in the boat?
4. What social reality kept the disciples from assuming 'Jesus' rather than imagining a 'ghost'?
5. How might a stressful situation negatively manipulate our interpretations of reality?
6. To whom in this story would the saying by Confucius best apply: “The hardest thing of all is to find a black cat in a dark room, especially if there is no cat.”
Can't make it on Saturday evening? Connect with 'Uncorked' at JJ's Wine Bar. We meet there most Tuesday evenings from 5:30 - 6:30 pm. This is fellowship time. There isn't an agenda - except getting to know one another a little better, encouraging one another, etc. Purchasing a glass of wine is optional. Beer, soda, coffee, and various food items also available.